Getting The Right Papers To Travel In China

Are you traveling to China on vacation or for business? You will be required to get a visa no matter what reason you are going. Getting a visa to go through China can be a little confusing. China has a number of different types of visas. You will want to make sure that you apply for the right one, so that you can plan your visit with success. Have a precise idea of where it is you are going to visit. If you plan to go to Hong Kong or Macau, you won’t have to apply for a visa.

China has about four different types of visas. A tourist visa is the most regular. A tourist visa is the best option if you plan on going to China for a get-away. A tourist visa will be valid for 30 days, and will help you to come to China’s mainland twice. For instance, if you plan to travel to Hong Kong and then return to the China mainland, that will be considered twice. When trying to get this visa, you will make note that your vacation is for pleasure purposes only.

China visas for meetings are also very common. These travels may entail production work, company meetings, and research. This visa will also be valid for up to 30 days. The difference with a business visa is that you can travel with this visa for six months. This means you can visit as often as you need to for up to 30-day periods. It can be a little more difficult than a tourist document to acquire. You must show proof of an invitation from an affiliated Chinese business. This visa is not to be confused with a work one.

For longer-term stays you can apply for work, student, or journalism visas. You must be employed to be in China with a work visa. If you are taking an internship or attending a school, you will need a student visa. This is also a 6 month visa, but it can be extended. A journalist visa is best for a reporter or journalist. This visa will allow you to work in China for as long as your work assignment goes on.

Apply for your Chinese documents as soon as you can. Acquiring a visa can sometimes take forever. Be prepared with your US passports and any other documents you might need when you turn in your application. There are two different options to receiving a visa. If you live near a Chinese Consulate, you can walk in with your US passports and apply. You also have the option to apply online. The application online is explained to you in full detail.